Friday, July 16, 2010

Why are start-up computer companies reluctant to issue stock (equity) in lieu of cash for services?

I own a consulting company and offer my clients the option of partial payment in stock in lieu of cash for my services. I like to invest in startups that I believe will go public and it gives me a vested interest in their success. Most companies, however are reluctant to take this option and prefer to pay all cash. Why is this?

Why are start-up computer companies reluctant to issue stock (equity) in lieu of cash for services?
There is an excellent documentary on computer startups call Startup.com I think it will help you to understand why some people are still unsure how to play in our digital world.


If you are really serious explore venture markets in Europe


No comments:

Post a Comment