Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I go back to my old interest rate on my credit card if I used cash advances?

I used cash advances and my credit card interest rate when sky high. How do I go back to the way it was? Do I have to pay off the card or does it never go back?

How do I go back to my old interest rate on my credit card if I used cash advances?
Pay the card off, then use it only for purchases. Your statements every month should have all your different interest rates listed in a table or chart of some sort. Most of the time cash advances have a much higher interest rate than regular purchases.
Reply:Unless you get a special balance transfer deal, the interest for a cash advance is usually higher than for purchases. And it stays at that higher rate for that balance until you pay it off.





Purchases will still be at your normal rate, but your credit card company may apply payments to the lowest interest balance first. So you should avoid using that card if possible until it is paid off.


No comments:

Post a Comment