Thursday, August 19, 2010

How old do I have to be to cash a money order?

I'm selling something to someone in Georgia for $575, but I'm in Maryland, so he's going to pay via money order.





How old do I have to be to cash it? I'm 14.





I have a friend who would cash it, though, if I tell the guy to fill it out with his name.





Would either of us be able to cash it?





Also, how many pieces of ID do we need? And would a school ID be enough for me? A driver's permit for him?





Thanks.

How old do I have to be to cash a money order?
A school ID and a permit would be fine... PLUS you could get one of your parents to cash it for you... using their bank accounts..





DO NOT HAVE THE MO FILLED OUT IN ANY NAME BUT YOURS.....PERIOD..





dont be foolish and let that "friend" scam you...
Reply:As long as the money order is made out in your name as it appears on your identification card, you do not need to be of a certain age to cash it unless it is over $1,000. Make sure you go to the local post office to cash it because most of the time all you have to do is sign your name on the money order to accept payment. If you are not known at all at that particular post office by any employee, he or she may request your I.D. as well and if and only if, they have any reason to think you are not that person who's name does appear on the money order then they will request a parent or guardian to be in your presence to cash it. Otherwise you should have no problem at all..


No comments:

Post a Comment